Thursday, April 5, 2018

My first blog.

Topic 1
 My name is Greg Gates, I am 19 years old and the reason I enrolled in Marketing is because I am very interested on how to get ideas out to the public.

I am currently an undecided business major. I am focusing on my back core classes for business but think I am going to put an emphasis on marketing or finance.

The most interesting thing to be about marketing is the psychology behind advertisements.

Outside of college my passion is playing video games, and I consider every day if I want to make a career out of it. 


Topic 2
Spotify is one of the fastest growing music media programs on the market today, and they just opened public stocks to Wall Street. I was expecting Spotify stock to not get bought massively and I really didn't expect the stock price to be so expensive. I hardly saw any advertising for this, but I knew because I keep up with spotify and the wall street journal. Spotify came out booming with $132 per share, and millions and millions of investors. It is now sitting at $146 a share and sitting at around 30.5 million stock purchases and trades. I was very surprised to see Spotify to do as well as it did, but I think it had way more potential to do better. Spotify hardly advertised this, and the only advertising I saw was on the app its self. Spotify should have branched out and payed other steaming apps to advertise them going to public stocks. This would've attracted bigger people to look into their stock market. 

No comments:

Post a Comment